Surprise print ($25) by Kate Endle
This week’s Etsy finds are nature-inspired. With spring coming, I have been noticing the bugs waking up – I’ve spotted one lazy honeybee, two flies, and a beetle so far. My neighbor’s daffodils are coming up in the garden, the sun is shining a little brighter, and life is good. After being cooped up all winter, I feel like it’s time to start exploring nature again. Here are a few things that caught my eye…
1. Can I tell you how much I love these Going Places Sandwich Bags from Evelyn Fields? Total genius! If everyone used these to pack snacks instead of ziploc bags, imagine how much plastic waste would be saved! And since they are machine washable, they should pretty much last forever – think about how much you spend each year on plastic. Now is $18.50 for 4 bags too much to ask? I don’t think so.
2. This Small Bug Box ($16) from Birchleaf Designs is handmade of pine, cedar, birch bark, and leather. Just add some moss and leaves to make a secure little temporary home for backyard bugs.
3. Don’t these Super Fun Pirate Patch Pants ($35) from Go Monkey Design just look like they were made for kids to have a blast in? I thought so, too.
4. The Animal Tracks Memory Game ($5) from doggiepiggie is a fun way to learn about tracking animals, and it comes in its own neat little pouch – I’m thinking this would be an easy thing to keep in your bag or pocket to stave off boredom on a trip.
5. A bright little Art Supply Tote ($12) is just the right size to hold a coloring book, crayons, and a snack to keep little ones happy in the backyard or further afield; by Bells & Whistles.
6. Meet Oakley, a hand-knit nature teddy ($40) from Woolies: “Oakley just wants to play outside. He took all his books outside this morning, because he wanted to read in the sunshine. He could sit in the treehouse all day, I think!” It’s awesome that Oakley’s overalls are removable, so kids can practice getting him dressed (much more fun than sewn-on clothes!), and he is just begging to find a home in a loving child’s backpack.
And that’s it, folks! Have a fantastic weekend!